Poll choicesVotesStatistics
I married/I would like to marry a guy like Terry17 [62.96%]
I Married/I would like to marry a guy like Albert10 [37.04%]
Guests cannot vote (Voters: 27)

Did you marry Terry or Albert?

« Older   Newer »
kiara2005
view post Posted on 16/1/2006, 23:39     +1   -1

As Candyfans we can be Terry lovers or Albert lovers...but in real life sometimes things go in a different way...
This is a poll that has just been posted in the Italian section, I found it interesting and I'd like to share it with foreigner fans.

About me...I'n not married, nor I'm planning to do it soon, so ...I keep dreaming my Terry!

Lady Gato >^..^<
view post Posted on 17/1/2006, 03:17     +1   -1

This is interesting....

I once talked about this with my husband, to see what he thought.

You see, my husband is a bit Terry and a bit Albert...I think...he thinks he was a lot like Terry (e.g. not understood, probably considered a bit of "strange" bad boy who isn't a bad boy, a bit uncomfortable in his own skin...he learned a lot so by the time I met him, he was a bit more of an Albert...but when I described both characters to him, he went with Terry....he he!!

Annie Brighton
icon1  view post Posted on 14/2/2006, 22:58     +1   -1

I can't vote because, being an Anthony fan,I would have liked to have the possibility of voting for Anthony.

Therefore I would have voted: "I would like to marry a guy like Anthony" .

As a matter of fact I am single and I am happy like that, but what I just want to say is that I like Anthony very much.I am very attached to him.That's why I would have voted for Anthony. I would like Candy and Anthony to be my friends if they really existed.That's what I mean...

Edited by Annie Brighton - 14/2/2006, 23:14

kiara2005
view post Posted on 16/2/2006, 22:49     +1   -1

Annie, the majority of Candyfans have always tought Albert as an adult Anthony, or Anthony as a young Albert, Anthony fans usually are also Albert-fans. But probably this matter is concerning the suitor they prefer for Candy (Albert or Terry), when we talk about a kind of man we prefer for ourselves we can have another point of view, it is possible to consider Anthony as an original guy. if you like, I can post again this poll, including the Anthony option.

Annie Brighton
icon1  view post Posted on 17/2/2006, 13:19     +1   -1

You see,Kiara,as far as I am concerned I can't regard Albert as a Candy 's suitor ,even if I love Albert too, because I have always thought Albert isn't in love with Candy and Candy isn't in love with Albert.In my opinion they are father and daughter,or rather brother and sister because Albert is young,much too young to be her father .
I know that Albert's fans don't share this point of view,but it is just a personal opinion.I love Albert too but I can't regard him as a suitor.
In my opinion Candy has been in love first with Anthony,then, after his death, with Terry.
That 's why ,if the choice was only between Terry and Albert ,I would choose Terry as Candy's suitor .
However I will never accept Anthony 's death (fortunately in France he is alive ),therefore as far as I am concerned Anthony will always remain a suitor.
And even if I really love Anthony,Terry and Albert , I am indeed extremely attached to Anthony who is my favourite character, not only in Candy Candy ,but also all series taken in account.
Therefore I would like to be able to vote for Anthony.
I think it is really kind of you to add the option in the poll ,thank you very much indeed,you are nice to do so..It makes me happy to be able to vote for him in this poll.
Of course I will vote for Anthony as soon as you will have added the option.

view post Posted on 17/2/2006, 14:23     +1   -1

Group:
FANatic

Terry of course! I was married, and he was nothing like Terry and Albert! If I have to dream up the perfect guy, it will be the unperfect Terry!

Web  Top
Candylyna
view post Posted on 17/2/2006, 20:47     +1   -1

This one is a no brainer!!!! TERRY!!!

Anthony Andrew
view post Posted on 19/2/2006, 19:11     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (Annie Brighton @ 17/2/2006, 13:19)
[...]However I will never accept Anthony 's death (fortunately in France he is alive ), therefore as far as I am concerned Anthony will always remain a suitor.
And even if I really love Anthony,Terry and Albert , I am indeed extremely attached to Anthony who is my favourite character, not only in Candy Candy ,but also all series taken in account. [...]

...Thanx!

By the way: which are the series taken in account?

Annie Brighton
icon1  view post Posted on 22/2/2006, 00:43     +1   -1

It would be difficult to mention all the series taken into account because I like many Japanese animations and also several soaps and American series.But I am going to try to forget the fewer series possible.However, as far as Japanese animations are concerned ,there are many animations whose Japanese name I don't know.Theferore I will be obliged to write their title in French, because I don't know their title in English.I am sorry not knowing them, but in France on tv the names given are French.

Therefore let's start with some American soaps:I like Dallas,Côte Ouest,the bold and the beautiful,days of life...

Let's continue with some american series.I like Dr Queen femme médecin,the pretender,Lois and Clark,demain à la une,charmed,amicalement vôtre...

As far as Japanese animations are concerned I like Candy Candy of course but also Lady Oscar,Onii Sama E,Gwendoline (Lady Lynn I think ,but I am not absolutely sure of the English title),and also, in no particular order ,titles such as Touch,Hi atari ryoko,les 4 filles du docteur March,dans les alpes avec Annette,princesse Sarah,Karine et l'aventure du nouveau monde,Cathy la petite fermière,Charlotte,mes tendres années,petites bonnes femmes,les enfants du capitaine Trapp,Georgie,Polyanna,graine de champion,Miyuki,maison ikkoku,marmelade boy,Flo et les robinsons suisses,le petit lord Fauntleroy,les malheurs de sophie,l'oiseau bleu,a plein gaz,goldorak,saint seiya,shurato ,nadia the secret of blue water,robotech(I mean the first part:Macross),Bouba,Cat's eyes,Max et compagnie,Tom sayer,Nell,Isabelle de Paris,les mystérieuses cités d'or,Nadja,Video girl aï,laura ou la passion du théâtre,Cynthia ou le rythme de la vie,Creamy merveilleuse Creamy,kiki delivery service...

Most of them are shojos mangas .And also they are old titles.That's the kind of Japanese animation I like best :an old shojo.

I am sure I am forgetting to mention some others, because there are so many series and animations I like..

icon12  view post Posted on 12/3/2006, 00:37     +1   -1

Group:
FANatic
Somewhere you would have a life. Just not Here. (Elizabeth Alter Bishop)

Hello everybody. I register in this forum since 2 weeks, but this is the firs time I posted in the english section. I talk english not good and so I' m sorry for my eventually mistake. I agree with Annie about Anthony: this is my favourite character and when I was a little girl and saw the serie of Candy, I was very sad for his dead. I love also Terence: he is very hot and he is a fantastic character and so in this poll I vote for him..

for Annie= me too like very much the series of Pollyanna, Les 4 filles du docteur March,Dans les alpes avec Annette, Lady Oscar, Princesse Sarah, Nadia the secret of Blue Water,Robotech, Flo et Les Robinsons Suisses, Cat's eyes, Tom Sayer, Goldoraik, Creamy, Charlotte, Georgie and Nell: the last one I saw with my mother.

Web  Top
Annie Brighton
icon1  view post Posted on 12/3/2006, 15:30     +1   -1

QUOTE (Silvì76 @ 12/3/2006, 00:37)
. I agree with Annie about Anthony: this is my favourite character and when I was a little girl and saw the serie of Candy, I was very sad for his dead. I love also Terence: he is very hot and he is a fantastic character and so in this poll I vote for him..

for Annie= me too like very much the series of Pollyanna, Les 4 filles du docteur March,Dans les alpes avec Annette, Lady Oscar, Princesse Sarah, Nadia the secret of Blue Water,Robotech, Flo et Les Robinsons Suisses, Cat's eyes, Tom Sayer, Goldoraik, Creamy, Charlotte, Georgie and Nell: the last one I saw with my mother.

As for me I will never accept his death.For me he is alive.He is alive in France, and above all he is alive when I write (in) a fanfiction.I am and I will remain so attached to him,forever...
I also love Terrence too, even if for me Anthony is Anthony,as I said.

I can see that we like the same series:I think they are nice and lovely with kind characters

kiara2005
view post Posted on 12/3/2006, 23:39     +1   -1

Annie, Anthony and Silvi, why don't you found a sort of "Anthony still alive" or "Anthony and Candy forever" club on the web, where you can collect prooves of his "no death" and express your ideas on this subject? I'm sure you will have many members!

0Andrea0
view post Posted on 13/3/2006, 03:02     +1   -1

hi
in france anthony is not death because the parent din't like that someone die in a animation ? sorry for my english n_nU
but this is my question how france do to continue the history of terry if anthony is alive ... what happend to anthony is in coma ( comatosis) sorry i dont know the word in english. unconsience?

Annie Brighton
icon1  view post Posted on 13/3/2006, 18:03     +1   -1

In France the dubbing has been changed .Thus Anthony is alive in France.Instead of hearing what the characters really say about Anthony in the japanese version,we are hearing another words and sentences.In france the characters said that Anthony is in an hospital ,when they talk about him.Candy knows that,and she also knows that Anthony might be left paralysed.Candy also knows that she will see Anthony again one day but she doesn't know when,she only knows that she won't be able to see him for a long time.

Then it is the same.The French dubbing enables Candy to tell Terry at the zoo that Anthony has fallen off a horse and might be left paralysed.And Terry answers "it would have been better if he had died".Then for instance , after the forced ride in scotland ,Terry tells Candy something like "Anthony is far away in America, but you and me we are here"

You see the dubbing is changed each time it is necessary.The aim is to enable Anthony to be alive in France.

Of course one never sees him again in the animation, since only the dubbing could be changed, not the pictures or the animation .

But he is alive and Candy and the others will be able to see him again one day,they don't know when...

Until this day he is and will remain in an hospital.

I hope I manage to explain ,at least generally speaking,because it is difficult enough to explain this in English.

Finally I would like to thank Gentille Fille who translated "Il aurait mieux fait de mourir" (""it would have been better if he had died") for me because I didn't know how to translate that.

0Andrea0
view post Posted on 13/3/2006, 18:26     +1   -1

hahahah is very complicated anthony still alive and candy fall in love with terry, so u must hate poor terry or candy for leave behing anthony.
a question for u annie brighton when u know that only in your country (france) anthony is alive ? many years later? or u always knew?

41 replies since 16/1/2006, 23:39   3492 views