Candy Candy

La lettera mai spedita..., e tutte le altre lettere della nostra storia del cuore

« Older   Newer »
Lady Gato >^..^<
view post Posted on 20/4/2006, 01:12 by: Lady Gato >^..^<     +1   -1

Ciao Amicis!

Just to clarify and Kiara, go ahead and translate for benefit of all: The postcard from Albert to Candy and Candy's reply to Albert are the penultimate letters in the last volume (volume 3) of the novelization. These are the ones we translated and that are new to the CC comunity outside Japan. The last two letters, is the one from Albert to Candy where he explains his life and his family's history (it is very long) and from what we could see, nothing romantic or marriage proposal at all. Just Albert explaining to Candy. The last letter, which is Candy's reply, is the letter most of you have heard about:

Dear William Albert Ardlay,

I read your letter over and over. It is not easy for every one to carry on their own life. Now I realize it. And I'm so glad that I feel you are much closer to me. I'm also happy to know about George and Anthony's mother. It is very beautiful to get to know people in my life. Many years have passed since I met you at Pony's hill. Since we met at first, there have been many sad "good-byes". But I believed that tomorrow will come. The badge is ringing at my chest. When you go and travel, please take me with you anywhere! If you say No, I'm going with you! Oh, Albert...It is wonderful to live! Wow! I can't sleep tonight! I'm so excited to think what happens tomorrow! When the door is knocked, then you might be there, Albert! I'm so grateful to my parents. Because if they didn't leave me at Pony's Home, I would not have met Albert. Oh, Sister Pony says don't stay up late. She always treats me as a baby. Well, I'm going to have a wonderful dream tonight. Good Night, Albert.

With love,
Candice White Ardlay

When you read this letter and understand the contents of the letter Albert has sent to her, the letter makes more sense in what it says.

As to the "supposed" article that "CandyFan" mentioned, we believe it is unfounded. Neither Nila nor Sophie, veterans of the CC world and who have great knowledge of what has been published about Candy in Japan (since at one time they had someone in Japan helping them faciliatate dialogue with Mizuki) had ever heard of it. Therefore, unless the proper documenation can be provided (since this person claimed ot have seen it on a website, in English, no less!) we cannot even begin to believe that such a thing existed. Of course, inquiries are being made as to the existence of this document and if and when it is found, it will be shared.

Personally, I believe if Mizuki truly wanted Candy to end up with Albert, she would have done so...why go around in open ended circles? I think her idea was always to keep the story open and she will not change her position, ever.

29 replies since 14/4/2005, 11:49   3277 views